Delicious and beautiful, this is an amazing dish to share. Imagine: Tender baby potatoes tossed with wholegrain mustard and garlic aioli … topped with a crumbling of toasted sesame seeds and pistachios … Trés jolie!
Baby Potato Halves with Garlic Aioli, Toasted Sesame Seeds, and Pistachios
1kg baby potatoes
Half a batch of aioli – I used Jamie Oliver’s aioli recipe, exchanging the Dijon mustard for wholegrain and using 2 whole garlic cloves (rather than just a half)
¼ c sesame seeds
½ c pistachio nuts
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into halves.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes, or until tender (but not mashable!). Leave to cool a little.
- Meanwhile, if you haven’t already done so, make the aioli. Then toast the sesame seeds in a pan over medium heat.
- Next, roughly chop the pistachios and toast them a little, in a pan, over medium heat.
- Combine the potatoes and aioli. Transfer to a platter.
- Just before serving, sprinkle over sesame seeds and pistachios.